Operating system: Windows 10
Graphics card: gtx 1060 6gb
Broken: 2.80, 546e20f5a2c0, master, 2019-04-30
Worked: b46245470f79, 2019-04-21
Short description of error
Normal maps aren't affecting lighting correctly for objects in the newest build of Blender. Most of the time it looks like no normal map is being used at all.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open default "cube" file.
- Connect a normal map to its default Principled BSDF. Any normal map, really, but I'll be including one in this report just in case.
- Using Cycles, go to rendered mode and check how the cube looks.
- Switch render engine to EEVEE. Go to rendered mode.
- Notice normal map isn't being properly applied.