Operating system:Windows 10
Graphics card: GTX 1080
Broken: 2.80, master, 0e09075e3956 2019-05-11
Worked: 2.80, 75f551facaf0, 2019-04-07
I don't have the exact commit ID where it stopped working, sorry about that. The "worked" info I provided is the last blender version I downloaded before actually building blender myself everyday. It started crashing about two or three weeks ago but I can't be more precise, sorry about that.
Short description of error
In the scene I provided Blender crashes when these three conditions are valid:
- All four bones have a custom shape
- We are not in wireframe (so shading, LookDev or eevee)
- We change the active bone
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Open the scene I provided below, go in shading, lookdev or eevee and change the selection of the pose bones a few times (it usually crashes the 2nd time)
- I have not been able to reproduce the crash in a custom scene but i've simplified the scene I've uploaded as much as I could. There are still some actions that have two users but I couldn't figure out which. I'm pretty sure the actions are not related to the crash though but not 100% certain.
- deleting any one of the four bones "fixes" the crash
- removing the custom shape of one of the bones also "fixes" the crash
- Assigning the ctrlShape.facial to all bones seems to fix it as well. The crash may be only with custom shapes with no surface and just wireframe?
- when one or more of the four bones have the wireframe checkbox ticked (above the custom shape thingy), it doesn't crash
Sorry again that I couldn't reproduce this in a new scene but hopefully I gathered enough information to make your life easier!
I'm available if you have any questions and/or want me to test some stuff if you can't reproduce this.
Here's the blend file: