Operating system: Kubuntu 18.10, 4.18.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 6 18:45:52 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Graphics card: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] (rev a1)
Broken: 2.80, 9efe117535c6 Dec 2019-05-20 16:16
When an environment texture is used, LookDev often starts with the environment texture apparently "whitened"; it's as if all pixel values are bumped up a bit. This disappears when the viewport is rotated.
- remove profile directory, start blender
- go to "world" tab, click the small circle button next to "Color", choose Environment Texture
- click "Open image." button, navigate to <blender directory>/2.80/datafiles/sutdiolights/world/night.exr
- change to LookDev shading
- use drop-down menu next to shading buttons to change display settings, enable "Scene World"
- observe that the world is whitish/grey
- use MMB to rotate viewport
- observe that the world is immediately shown correctly when movement happens
This seems to happen the first time the world texture is shown, but in my experience it happens other times as well (not sure what triggers it.) It can be annoying when changing in to LookDev because it requires "jiggling" the view to get it to display properly.