Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: AMD Radeon R5 M335 ATI Technologies Inc. 4.5.13497 Core Profile Context 23.20.768.12
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 71), branch: blender2.7, commit date: 2019-05-20 22:03, hash: rBe78770039397
Short description of error
Stroke objects with visual effects display in the viewport very inconsistently. Merely panning around makes them look different every time. Rendered results don't match viewport display either. Overall, effects are very awkward to use.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a new file, choosing the 2D animation workplace
- Start drawing
- On the Object visual effects tab, choose any effects, for example, Wave Distortion
- Hit Z, choose render view (8) from the pie menu.
- Try panning around by holding Shift+Middle Mouse Button. Notice how the wavy effect keeps changing every time you move.
- Try rendering. The render result looks nothing like what you see in the viewport.