Operating system: WinPro10 64b i7 32ram 3TB-SSD
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX1080 (Alienware15R3)
Blender build (latest May 23)
2.80 UI will freeze soon, yet some menus still don't open on mouse over. Possibly unfinished work. I file this not as Bug but To Do.
ISSUE: with Preference>Interface>Menu> Open on Mouse Over turned on, many menus of the same type don't open at all.
- Transformation Orientation
- Object/Edit/Pose/Weight Paint etc etc modes
- Pivot Center options
- Proportional Editing options
- Editor type per window
Other frequently used candidates for Open on Mouse Over are still consuming redundant clicks.
- T Toolbar buried items in most modes
- Animation>Dopesheet, Nearest Frame
- Properties>everything that will drop down or drop up: Surface, Base Color, Modifiers, Constraints etc
The above falls under INCONSISTENT implementation.
The following are related additional suggestions.
Other candidates as Interface> Menu> Open Mouse on Mouse Over OPTIONS
- OUTLINER to expand one hierarchy by time out
- TAB>Mini Tool Shelf to expand by time out
- PROPERTIES Editor>submenus to expand by time out, and re-collapse within a time out window (imagine that)
As a multi-app middleware user I am very very grateful for this Open on Mouse Over feature. It is a super click-saver and definitely wrist-saver. Thank you all.