Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 bit
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 860m
Broken: 2.80, d525c76003b3, win64, 2019-05-26 22:34
Short description of error
Crash when switching view modes after zooming in or out with mouse wheel in Weight Paint mode.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Start a new file with default scene
- In Solid View with default cube selected, switch to Weight Paint mode
- Click to assign weight to at least 1 vertex of the cube
- Zoom in or out using mouse wheel or CTRL + dragging mouse wheel (*)
- Switch to any other view mode
(*) Zooming with the zoom in/out magnifying glass button in the viewport does not trigger the crash when switching view modes. However, if you then change zoom using the mouse wheel, switching to any view mode except Render mode will trigger the crash.
I did all the above steps in the attached file, which is crashing on my system as soon as you Zoom in/out with the mouse wheel and switch view mode.