Operating system: Kubuntu 18.10, 4.18.0-20-generic #21-Ubuntu SMP Mon May 6 18:45:52 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Graphics card: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] (rev a1)
Broken: 2.80, 8fa65ed31b7f June 05, 23:41:04
- start 2.80 with fresh config directory
- open default cube scene
- change audio system to JACK in preferences
- in properties, change render "Output" settings to disable the "overwrite" option
- in the timeline, under the "Playback" drop down, enable AV Sync
- skip to a frame in the middle of the timeline (e.g. 105)
- in the viewport, in View menu, choose "Viewport Render Animation"
Bug 1: observe that it delays for a while before beginning (maybe not a bug, but seemed pretty long)
Bug 2: an error pops up saying "skipping existing frame /tmp/0105"; this error occasionally appears again for subsequent frames, but usually not
Bug 3: rendering is very slow (1-2 fps, and my /tmp is a ram disk; this is true regardless of JACK/no-JACK, AV Sync or No Sync, etc)
Bug 4: (maybe just a UI paper cut?) without changing the start/end of the animation range, there appears to be no way to start an OpenGL render from a given frame unless "AV Sync" and JACK are both used?
Bug 5: (not sure if bug?) enabling/disabling AV Sync, or switching to/from JACK, often causes play cursor to change frames