Operating system: Kubuntu 18.10, 4.18.0-22-generic #23-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 4 20:22:46 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Graphics card: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] (rev a1)
Broken: 2.80, 9c5d54bfaf48, 2019-06-08 13:24
- Open Blender with default profile and default scene.
- view the materials tab for the default cube
- using MMB, scroll all the way down to the bottom (e.g. as if to set Custom Properties or whatever)
- change to another tab (e.g. Object Data)
- Shift-A to make a new object (e.g. a plane) which will have no material assigned
- change back to Material tab
- observe that the entire pane is blank -- it has not auto-scrolled to the top.
- move the MMB scroll in the empty pane, and observe that it snaps back in to view with the widgets to add a new material, etc.
This same thing happens in the outliner. E.g. if you select a long list of objects and scroll down a couple pages in the outliner, then ctrl-p to set the parent to an Empty which is not expanded in the outliner, the outliner pane goes blank, and requires a MMB scroll to reveal the contents again.