Operating system: Darwin-18.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit 64 Bits
Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro 560X OpenGL Engine ATI Technologies Inc. 4.1 ATI-2.9.26
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 74), branch: master, commit date: 2019-06-28 22:08, hash: rB648e8a1f1d4a
Short description of error
In Eevee, when I turn metallic from 1.0 to 0.0 in principled shader, viewport becomes *extremely* sluggish.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
See the attached .blend file.
Follow these steps to observe the problems:
- Open the .blend file
- While in solid mode, rotate around the scene and notice great performance.
- The renderer should be set to Eevee but make sure that it is.
- Switch to rendered or lookdev mode (same problem will occur in both).
- Rotate around the scene and notice great performance.
- Make sure the object called "Knobs" (an array of knobs) selected and the shader editor shows the Knobs shader.
- In the Principled Shader, change Metallic from 1.0 to 0.0.
- Rotate around the scene and notice extremely sluggish performance. Not sure if this is something specific about my mesh or not.