Design task to coordinate the Render & Cycles projects. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
- D3509: Add support for tiled images and the UDIM naming scheme
- D4304: Compositor: Added denoising node (OpenImageDenoise)
- T68823: GSoC 2019 - Cycles/EEVEE Improvements
- T53901: Cycles adaptive subdivision tasks
- D4837: Cycles: Add support for adding custom AOV render passes
- D3607: Cycles: Implement render passes that contain all lighting from lights in a specified group
- D4255: Cycles: Added feature overrides
- D4204: Ray and Shader counters for Cycles
- D2808: Cycles Networking support
- T68915: Light groups
- D5363: Add OptiX device implementation to Cycles
- T69801: Cycles Optix tasks for 2.81
- D4686: Adaptive Sampling for Cycles.
- T68916: Many light sampling
- Default to Embree for CPU and GPU ray tracing (summer of code)
- T68917: Texture cache and mipmaps
- T68918: Blue noise dithering
- T68919: Scrambling distance
- D4676: Cycles: Improved sampling for sphere lights.
- T69800: Cycles Optix feature completeness
- T68920: Reduce shadow terminator artifacts
- D4459: Cycles: Added fix for bump terminator problem.
- Shadow catcher refactor to support indirect light
- T68921: EEVEE baking
- T68926: Color Management Improvements
- D3203: Baking system overhaul: Move baking settings from render settings into BakePasses
- D3959: Compositor: Redesign Cryptomatte node for better usability
- D3202: Cycles/UI: Implement dropdown menu that shows the available attributes in the Attribute node
- T68922: Displacement baking with Cycles
- T68923: Vertex color baking with Cycles