Design task to coordinate the Render & Cycles projects. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
- D6250: Fix T43835, T54284: Cycles with no ray offsetting
- D6554: Cycles: Add support for denoising in the viewport
- T72337: Shader Node Additions
- D3607: Cycles: Implement render passes that contain all lighting from lights in a specified group
- T53901: Cycles adaptive subdivision tasks
- D4255: Cycles: Added feature overrides
- D4204: Ray and Shader counters for Cycles
- D2808: Cycles Networking support
- T68915: Light linking
- D4686: Adaptive Sampling for Cycles.
- T73778: Cycles: default to Embree for CPU ray tracing
- D2149: Cycles: Add optional Blue-Noise Dithered Sobol Sampling
- T68919: Scrambling distance
- T68916: Many light sampling
- Default to Embree for GPU ray tracing (summer of code)
- T68917: Texture cache and mipmaps
- D4676: Cycles: Improved sampling for sphere lights.
- T69800: Cycles Optix feature completeness
- T68920: Reduce shadow terminator artifacts
- T71253: Shadow catcher refactor to support indirect light
- T73266: Improve custom shader AOVs
- T63064: Cycles viewport render border no longer shows scene behind with OpenGL
- D3203: Baking system overhaul: Move baking settings from render settings into BakePasses
- T68921: EEVEE baking
- T68926: Color Management Improvements
- T72390: Improve UDIM functionality
- D3959: Compositor: Redesign Cryptomatte node for better usability
- D3202: Cycles/UI: Implement dropdown menu that shows the available attributes in the Attribute node
- T68922: Displacement baking with Cycles
- T68923: Vertex color baking with Cycles