Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600 Intel 4.5.0 - Build 22.214.171.12437
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 74), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-01 22:59, hash: rB12788538496a
Short description of error
In the camera selector in the Scene Strip properties, cameras from all scenes can be selected and not just the camera from the selected scene. This can cause a lot of confusion when a camera from a different scene, other than the selected scene, is chosen. The solution is to limit the camera options to the cameras in the selected scene.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Use a scene with a camera.
- Make a full copy of that scene a couple of times.
- In each scene, rename the camera to follow the scene names.
- In any of the scenes, in the sequencer add a scene strip.
- In the Sequencer Sidebar select a scene and view the Camera options.
- Cameras from all scenes are available.
A NOTE ON SCENE STRIP CAMERA SELECTOR:
The enum camera selector is in override mode(use currently active camera from scene), when no camera is selected. If a camera is selected, there is no way to return to override mode.
To solve this either could 'Override' be an option in the Enum dropdown menu.
Or Override could be separated into a checkbox which determines if the camera selector is enabled or not(this would properly be in consistency with the rest of Blender).
Attached a .blend where the walk through has been done: