Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 430.86
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 74), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-08 12:40, hash: rB27adc4aa3347
Short description of error
The Viewport Shading Material Color overlay are not displaying the base color from the Material when Use Nodes on the Material are On. This is happening all across the Lighting Modes (Studio,Matcap,Flat).
But when Use Nodes are Off, the viewport display the material color properly
and if now we enabled the Use Nodes on the Material, the Color display are stuck on the previous value
The other Overlay Color Modes are works just fine, only the Material Color Overlay Mode that not working properly.
I remember that this wasn't behave like this before, since couple months ago i can just display the Color from my material just like in LookDev Display mode and overlay it on top of the Matcap
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
[Please describe the exact steps needed to reproduce the issue]
[Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible)]
- Start blender
- Add Monkey
- Assign a Material to the Monkey
- Set the Base Color to anything except white, let's Say BlueSky
- Set the viewport Shading to Solid
- Choose any Lighting mode (Studio,Matcap,Flat)
- Set the Color Overlay Mode to Material
- and we still getting a Grey Monkey
- Now on the Material Setting disable Use Nodes
- Set the base Color to Green
- Hey we got a Green Monkey!!!
- Now let's try to Enable Use Nodes again
- whoa. . . . look at that. The Material Color Setting are blue, yet our Monkey still Green....
anyway, here's a blend to check