Making release builds should be fully automated and part of continuous integration, so we can find issues early and do bug fix releases quickly.
The following could get us there:
- Modify buildbot packing scripts so they can optionally make release bundles and installers.
- When asking buildbot to do build of a release branch, automatically make release bundles and installer, and upload files to another location.
- it and svn update steps would need modifications, or get combined into a single step with a Python script for easier control.
- Support code signing: T67054 T66998
- Test building blender-v2.81-release branch once created, and verify it generates correct packages