Making release builds should be fully automated and part of continuous integration, so we can find issues early and do bug fix releases quickly.
The following could get us there:
- Modify buildbot packing scripts so they can optionally make release bundles and installers.
- When asking buildbot to do build of a release branch, automatically make release bundles and installer, and upload files to another location.
- it and svn update steps would need modifications, or get combined into a single step with a Python script for easier control.
- Test building blender-v2.81-release branch once created, and verify it generates correct packages
- T67054: Code sign Windows build on buildbot
- T66998: Code sign macOS build on buildbot
- Improve buildbot to not remove previous daily build when release build is uploaded