This is not meant to be an exhaustive list. The tests listed here are not meant to cover every operator, modifier or setting. Instead the focus here is on tests that cover fragile areas and will catch real bugs, while being easy to create and maintain.
- Modifiers: execute all on a few mesh shapes and compare resulting meshes.
- Compositor: apply every compositing node on one or two input images and compare resulting image to reference.
- Operators: poll and execute all in a basic scene and detect crashes and invalid states.
- Physics: create .blend for each type of simulation, bake it and compare results.
- Importers/exporters: tests files with materials and other more advanced functionality