Operating system: Linux-5.2.0-arch2-1-ARCH-x86_64-with-arch 64 Bits
Graphics card: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake GT2) Intel Open Source Technology Center 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 19.1.2
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 74), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-18 14:52, hash: rB38d4483c6a51
Short description of error
Undoing a lattice edit results in somewhat arbitrarily mangled mesh.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create an icosphere.
- Create a lattice.
- Scale lattice, so it's larger than sphere.
- Add lattice modifier to sphere and select the lattice.
- Select lattice, enter edit mode.
- Move lattice point.
- "Subdivide" lattice in the modified direction.
- Move a newly created lattice point.
- Undo "a couple of times." (usually once or twice)
Result - completely mangled mesh (sometimes scrunched up, sometimes stretched to infinity).
I have attached images explaining the process and the result.
First picture shows the state after state "4;" second image shows state "6;" third image shows "8;" and the last image is the result, in this case after three Undos.