Add a new screen layout designed for Storyboarding.
- To Do
The new Template for Storyboarding/animatics should include several workspaces:
- Storyboarding: The main workspace to work on the stroyboard frames. This workspace has three main editors:
- 3D viewport to work on the Grease Pencil object and other elements in the storyboard frame.
- 3D viewport on camera view and in rendered shading mode, without overlays or any other panels. Just to see the final frame result.
- Text editor to use for script/plot reference
- Other editors in the Workspace are the Outliner and properties editor for select, organize and tweaks elements and the dopesheet and timeline to work on keyframes.
- 2D Full Canvas: To draw frames in a big area.
- Video Editing: To work in the edit of the different scenes in the Blend file. For storyboarding in Blender is useful to have all the scenes in the same file and use only one of them for the edition. That's why it is crucial to have a quick way to alternate between Video Editing workspace and the Storyboarding workspace. See Tasks: T68324 and T68325
- Rendering: For render storyboard frames.