Operating system: win10 pro - 64bit
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 960
Short description of error
Box-selecting vertices in weight paint mode behaves as if the deformation of the armature isn't applied.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Start with a model weighted to a armature with a pose != restpose (e.g. take the file I have uploaded)
- Model needs a Mirror modifier applied before the armature modifier (see example) (without modifier it will work as expected without bug)
- Activate X-Ray view mode (without it will work), viewport shading doesn't seem to matter
- Select model and go into weight paint mode
- Activate vertex selection (Face selection will work)
- Choose Select Box mode (Single click selection will work)
- Try to precisely box select one or multiple vertices which are transformed by the armature pose - it will not select them or it will select other vertices depending on your box selection and how far the vertices are transformed from their rest position.
- Now try to precisely box-select them at their rest position - they will be selected