Operating system: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 391.35
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 75), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-29 14:47, hash: rBf6cb5f54494e
Short description of error
Undo in Shader Editor when in Edit Mode is not working, CTRL-Z or Edit->Undo is not working like expected.
When you enter Edit Mode, every edit you do in the Shader Editor is not recorded as a single undo-step. While in Edit Mode you can't undo the changes step by step that's been done in the Shader Editor.
Only when you go back to Object Mode, and than do an undo, it will undo everything that's been edited in the Shader Editor to the moment just before you went to Edit Mode.
What the expected behavior would be is regardless the Mode you're in or have been in, it should go through all the little undo steps. That is what it also does when you undo steps from mesh edits and object edits, it automatically switches modes if that's what has happened. Now in Edit Mode the Undo does not respond to any Undo from edits in the Shader Editor.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- In Shading Workspace, switch also from Object Mode to Edit Mode, with the mesh selected.
- Do at least two or more edits in the Shader Editor.
- Try to undo these edits (while still in Edit Mode), and see that nothing is being undone... (bug 1)
- Go back into Object Mode.
- Undo once, and see that all edits done in the Shader Editor are reset to the point from just before entering the Edit Mode. (bug 2)