Operating system: Linux-4.15.0-43-generic-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.130
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 75), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-29 14:47, hash: rBf6cb5f54494e
Worked: 2.79b release
Short description of error
When I hit the button Rebuild proxy and Timecode Indices in the Video Editor the progress bar is not showing up, I cannot edit a short video of two minutes because blender is using all the RAM and the application gets unresponsive, if I use version 2.79b I can do the same video without any issue.
If I have a couple of videos added to the video sequencer and I try to move the horizontal bar that lets you go to different parts of your video then the application becomes unresponsive.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open Blender 2.8
- Select Video Editing from the top menu
- Drop a video in the sequencer
- Select the video strip and click "Proxy & Cache" from the menu on the right
- Click on Set Selected Strip Proxies, choose a percentage and click Ok
- Finally click on "Rebuild proxy and Timecode Indices" a progress bar is no showing like in other versions.