Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 Intel 4.5.0 - Build 18.104.22.16844
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 1), branch: master, commit date: 2019-08-10 16:47, hash: rB22cdadaa32c7
Short description of error
The normal display and face orientation overlays do not represent the actual normals of the mesh, but only the precomputed normals.
Furthermore, the Recalculate Outside and Recalculate Inside normal functions in the Alt-N normal editing menu do not work.
It's worth mentioning this bug is in 2.8 stable that's currently on the website as well.
How to reproduce in the default startup file
- Enable the normal visualization overlay and/or the face orientation overlay
- Select the default cube and go into edit mode
- Edit normals using the Alt-N menu
- Observe how the normal overlay does not update to the updated normals
- Use the Recalculate Outside / Inside function
- Observe how the normals do not reset after using the function