This task aims at gathering and keeping tracks of known TODO's and bugs affecting FBX IO add-on, which are not likely to be fixed any time soon. Feel free to pick any of those if you feel comfortable with that format and want to help improving its support in Blender.
- T46019: Blender fbx does not export normals correctly for blendshapes - This one should be doable relatively easily, as we should have the needed bits to retrieve that information in Blender RNA code now. Export only though, obviously.
- T47400: FBX test suite
Note: Most of those probably relates to two problematic areas, that are currently not well uderstood: FBX handling of scale/units, and (the biggest culprit) FBX transformation model, especially when it comes the parenting chains (children objects, but also the whole skeleton thing).
- T56883: Incorrect bones matrix calculation when exporting to Fbx
- T54071: [FBX Import] Wrong scale on imported objects - General multi-level parenting issues...
- T45176: FBX import - mismatch in camera rotation
- T63807: Blender, UE4. Don't work root motion because blender make one more root bone.
- T60111: fbx: Armature breaks object hierarchy
- T53908: Fbx export: random, weird bones rotation artefact
- T53620: FBX Import - Armatures are incorrect
- T51704: FBX: exported mesh/animation does not work properly in UE4 when exported using 1 metric unit scene scale
- T51633: FBX: Exported rigged geometry weirdly distorted, looks eaten away at bone positions
- T51533: FBX: Trouble exporting animation to Unity, looking like Blender's baking problem
- T47344: Binary FBX (Version 7.3) with multiple animations and a mesh does not import at all
- T47043: Importing an fbx skeletal mesh from Blender into Unreal Engine 4 results in bones being too small to create Unreal physics asset. Requires scaling workaround.