This task aims at gathering and keeping tracks of known TODO's and bugs affecting FBX IO add-on, which are not likely to be fixed any time soon. Feel free to pick any of those if you feel comfortable with that format and want to help improving its support in Blender.
- T75277: FBX 7.5 file not importing.
- T69554: FBX import does not read custom bone properties
- T46019: Blender fbx does not export normals correctly for blendshapes - This one should be doable relatively easily, as we should have the needed bits to retrieve that information in Blender RNA code now. Export only though, obviously.
- T69408: FBX does not support smoothing groups.
- T47400: FBX test suite
Note: Most of those probably relates to two problematic areas, that are currently not well uderstood: FBX handling of scale/units, and (the biggest culprit) FBX transformation model, especially when it comes the parenting chains (children objects, but also the whole skeleton thing).
- T77815: Meshes parented to bones have an offset in the exported .fbx files.
- T76928: FBX exporter doesn't export Constant Interpolation keyframes
- T76800: FBX "Automatic bone rotation" during animation import does not work as promised
- T73863: Spline IK 'Fit Curve' scaling incorrect on FBX export
- T71729: Lack of null record on Properties70 node by FBX Exporter
- T71670: FBX exporting - camera pixel size don't correspond to original size.
- T70161: FBX I/O Imports and exports objects with wrong scale transform
- T69343: Models exported using the blender fbx exporter do not react properly to vertex displacement shaders compared to the same meshes exported as Blender OBJ's and fbx's from other programs.
- T66180: Blender 2.80beta - FBX import missing textures + deformed animations
- T63807: Blender, UE4 via FBX. Don't work root motion because blender make one more root bone.
- T61860: FBX Exporter: vertices exported in incorrect position causing mesh deformation
- T60111: fbx: Armature breaks object hierarchy
- T56883: Incorrect bones matrix calculation when exporting to Fbx
- T54071: [FBX Import] Wrong scale on imported objects - General multi-level parenting issues...
- T53908: Fbx export: random, weird bones rotation artefact
- T53620: FBX Import - Armatures are incorrect
- T51704: FBX: exported mesh/animation does not work properly in UE4 when exported using 1 metric unit scene scale
- T51633: FBX: Exported rigged geometry weirdly distorted, looks eaten away at bone positions
- T51533: FBX: Trouble exporting animation to Unity, looking like Blender's baking problem
- T47344: Binary FBX (Version 7.3) with parented root bone does not import at all
- T45176: FBX import - mismatch in camera rotation
- T47043: Importing an fbx skeletal mesh from Blender into Unreal Engine 4 results in bones being too small to create Unreal physics asset. Requires scaling workaround.