Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 980M/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 388.71
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 75), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-29 14:47, hash: rBf6cb5f54494e
Short description of error
[Please fill out a short description of the error here]
after blender crash, my mouse now has issues selecting stuff in another window.
like now, while i type, i can't click out of my browser, for example to close blender or select anything in the windows-start-menu.
i had to "alt-tab" and "arrow-key" my way through the report website XD
(i hope its not something really stupid...)
- changing to another window in the os with alt-tab works.
- as soon as i click in it, even to close it, it becomes unactive.
- reactivating with alt-tab works. clicking not.
- when i press "ctrl-alt-del" and start clicking in the gray screen and go back, selection and clicking in the active window works
- but selecting something out of it not.
- have to "alt-tab" to focus another window, "ctrl+alt+del" then click and come back, to be able to work in it.
i reinstalled blender and rebooted a few times. problem seems gone. i feel a bit stupid now.
decimate with "planar still might be a problem.
so i'll leave this open for now.
nope. still happens.
dont know how and why. or when and when not.
any information about what might be going on here is appreciated.
thx in advance.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
[Please describe the exact steps needed to reproduce the issue]
[Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible)]
- imported an obj from a meshroom photoscan (https://alicevision.org/#meshroom)
- used decimate modifier
- selecting "planar" killed blender
- had to "ctrl+alt+del" but didn't help, os freeze.
- had to hard-shut-down (just power-off)
- tried to reopen the file. same problem.
- removed the file (i thought: whatever, reimport, avoid "planar", no problem)
- file gone. problem still here. help.
... sorry, cant use drag&drop to attach file.
but i still have the obj file. if needed i'll find a way to hand it over.