Operating system: Ubuntu 18.10
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M
Broken: 2.81 (5489611e5317); at least as far back as 2.79
Short description of error
When trying to add keyframes to Curve object data (such as control point location), using an fcurve group, the group is created, but then deleted on switching to Edit Mode. This also happens for Surfaces, but not for other object types.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- From startup file, Add → Curve → Bézier
- In text editor, execute this script:
import bpy bpy.context.object.data.splines.bezier_points.keyframe_insert("co", group="My group")
- The newly created fcurve is in the group.
- Switch to Edit Mode, then back to Object Mode
- The fcurves still exist, but the group has disappeared.