There are various smaller problems in the channel list of the graph editor:
- Spacing between icons and channel name can cause a visual disconnect between the channel name and the buttons.
- Too many icons.
- Darker line between channels is a bit noisy.
- Lack of auto-scrolling based on number of channels shown. This happens, for example, when switching between a fully-animated character rig and an object with just its position animated.
- Hard to select many channels at once.
- Update the channel list to be more like the outliner:
- Even/odd colouring of the background, instead of darker margin between the channels.
- Use shift/ctrl keys for modifying selection (range select resp. toggle individual channels).
- Highlight the entire row on mouse-over.
- Filter the icon columns like the restriction columns in the outliner. For example, not everybody uses modifiers, so having a column of buttons to disable modifiers can be useless.
- Ensure the UI is never scrolled a mile away from the actual content.
- Auto-scroll the channel list when drag-selecting.
- Replace box-select with click-drag (like buttons). This will give more immediate feedback of which channels are selected, rather than seeing that feedback only when releasing the mouse.