Currently if you want to move the origin on an object, the only way of doing this is setting the origin. This has some limitations.
- It only works for translation (not rotation or scale).
- When applied to multiple objects at once, it assumed they should all have the same origin.
- It doesn't have useful transform features such as snapping.
This task proposes to add the ability for transform to have the ability only to move the origins.
Internally this means the objects are transformed as useual, the object data has the reverse transformation applied.
- What should this be called?
- How should objects be handled which have no object data? (lamps, cameras, speakers & objects whos data is linked from another blend file).
- Just moving the object centers wont give much visual feedback.
We could temporarily enable the object-axis display so there is visible feedback - especially for rotate/scale.