Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 430.86
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 3), branch: master, commit date: 2019-08-22 20:40, hash: rB1de7717ed711
Short description of error
Baking actions / NLA is broken in Blender 2.8-2.81
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- First, in order to verify it works as expected in Blender 2.79b, open the attached blend file in Blender 2.79b. It contains one bone with a simple base action + a tweak action in additive mode on top, in the NLA editor.
- Spacebar > "bake" > NLA Bake > check "Visual Keying" and OK
- Baked fine, one keyframe per frame, when muting the base action, the animation is preserved.
- Now, repeat the same process in Blender 2.8/2.81
- Baking went wrong, there are only two keyframes at the start and end of the frame range, and when muting the base action, the animation is screwed up.