Operating system: Linux-5.2.9-125.current-x86_64-with-glibc2.9 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 430.40
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 75), branch: master, commit date: 2019-07-29 14:47, hash: rBf6cb5f54494e
Worked: None so far
Short description of error
Dragging the cursor and snapping it to a Vertex while having the Target set to Active makes the cursor snap to a point in space that is directly related to where you start your click-and-drag instruction in reference to the selected object's origin.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Change snapping to Vertex, Edge or Face
- Change snapping target to Active
- Set active tool to Cursor
- Activate snapping during transform
- Select default cube
- Drag Cursor over cube
- If you deselect everything it works, but while there's an object selected the snapping won't work.
- The problem also happens in Edit Mode, but only if there's an object selected in Object Mode. If you deselect everything in Object Mode and then go back to Edit Mode it works as intended.
- As far as I can tell the _offset_ of the snapping is directly related to where you start your click-and-drag in regards to the Objects Origin.
- There's a BlenderArtist Topic in which some have tested the behavior in Blender 2.81: https://blenderartists.org/t/cursor-snapping-issue/1177897
- I recorded a video showing the problem:
- I also uploaded the blend file I used to record the video: