Location — 3D View (Object Mode)
Shortcut — M
BlenderArtists feedback thread:
Latest Zip Downloads:
Current Development (will go into Blender 2.83+):
Overview of Current Features:
- Interactive treeview display of collections in an autosized popup window in the 3D View.
- View Layer integration and management.
- Add, rename, and remove collections and sub-collections.
- Active collection is synced to treeview selection.
- Simple display and modification of the relationship of objects with collections.
- Restriction Toggle state with advanced manipulation.
- Filtering display of collections (filter by name, filter by selected objects).
- Phantom Mode – All visibility changes made in this mode will be discarded when it’s disabled.
LMB - Expand/Collapse sub-collections.
Shift-LMB - Isolate collection tree. (Not Yet Implemented)
Set Object Collection Operator:
LMB - Move object(s) to collection.
Shift+LMB - Add/Remove object(s) to/from collection.
LMB - Toggle collection RTO on/off
Shift+LMB - Isolate collection RTO/Restore previous state.
Shift+Ctrl+LMB - Isolate collection RTO leaving children unchanged/Restore previous state. (2.83+ Only)
Ctrl+LMB - Toggle collection+children RTOs on/off.
LMB - Remove collection.
Ctrl - LMB Remove collection+children. (Not Yet Implemented)
LMB - Enable RTO for all collections/Restore previous state.
Shift+LMB - Invert RTO state for all collections.
Ctrl+LMB - Copy/Paste RTO state from/to all collections. (Not Yet Implemented)
Alt+LMB - Swap RTO states for all collections. (Not Yet Implemented)
Ctrl+RMB - Discard history. (Not Yet Implemented)
- Isolate tree – collapses all collections not part of the current tree.
- Discard history for the restore toggles. (CTRL+RMB)
- Swapping Restriction Toggle states.
- Copying/Pasting Restriction Toggle states.
- Clone View Layer
- Remove child collections.
- Reorder collections.
Potential Planned Features:
- Grey out rows when collections not visible.
- Condense UI.
- Full support of objects and their Restriction Toggle states.
- "Find and replace" renaming for collections.
This is a collection manager that I created for my larger addon Advanced UI Menus (https://blenderartists.org/t/addon-advanced-ui-menus/592865). I believe I read somewhere that blender was looking for a better way to work with collections in the 3D Viewport; so, this is my solution to that problem.
This addon provides a popup window that includes a treeview (made out of a UIList and operators) with functions to add collections and subcollections, rename collections, move objects to collections, exclude collections, restrict selection on collections, hide collections, and remove collections. It correctly handles collection chains and allows you to isolate collections by shift-clicking, and you can move objects to multiple collections via shift-clicking as well. The addon will also show you what collections are visible and what collections the selected objects are in. In addition it will not allow objects to be removed from all collections entirely. All of the functionality is documented by tooltips, so if you open the collection manager and just hover over stuff you will be able to easily learn all of it's advanced functionality. And as a final note, the window will size itself based on the depth of collections so nothing gets squished.