Operating system: Linux-5.2.13-zen1-1-zen-x86_64-with-arch-Arch-Linux 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 435.21
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 9), branch: master, commit date: 2019-09-09 18:13, hash: rBc2d37929b4aa
Short description of error
File browsers topbar shows a scaling issue where the buttons shrink past the size of its contents and start to overlap each other.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open blender
- Select the shading workspace (or any other workspace where the file browser is included and has limited horizontal space.)
- Reduce the width of the file browser window
- Observe the icons of the buttons (back forward...) to be pushed out of the button, as the button itself scales in width and becomes smaller.
- The icons stay fixed inside the buttons, the button itself does not scale to a point where it becomes smaller then its contents, in this case the icons.
- For consistency the topbar should be horizontally scrollable, just like the other topbars.
Suggested alternative behaviour, if UI elements are suposed to head in a more responsive direction
- Breakpoints (in width), if the window gets smaller some UI elements like the location (path) is automatically moved to a second row in order to give the other elements more space.