Short description of error
Crash using the Elastic Deform brush and Compressibility at 1
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Launch blender
- Choose the Sculpting template by going to file -> New -> Sculpting
- Choose the Elastic Deform brush
- In the brush settings set the Compressibilty value to 1
- Click on the model (The model will disappear. Is that expected?)
- Switch to Material Preview (former lookdev) or the Rendered View
An alternative way to crash is: After step 5, if you switch to object mode and then go back to sculpt mode it will crash.
I also found that it only crashes with meshes with around 9k polys and above. Lower than that it works.