Operating system: Linux [other users tested on both Windows and MacOS]
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- We have confirmed the issue is not system specific
Broken: 2.80 stable
- Also tested with some 2.81 daily builds
Short description of error
Most or possibly all modifiers seem to break animation export output for glTF models.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a model that has modifiers applied to it, such as Mirror or Bevel
- Add animation
- Export to glTF being sure to check the "Apply Modifiers" check box while exporting
- Preview with something like https://gltf-viewer.donmccurdy.com/ . Note animation will likely be broken or the model may be broken.
I've had an artist prepare a very minimalist sample sample file to demonstrate what happens, but as it is we have about 7 production files we can't export easily due to this issue. We have found a workaround by converting all modifiers into a mesh but this increases the amount of work and we end up having to create extra files so we don't loose our originals.
sample.blend is a simple animation with a Mirror modifier:
sample.blend exported without modifiers:
sample.blend exported with modifiers: