Operating system: Suse Linux 15.0
Graphics card: NVidia GTX 560ti (official drivers)
Broken: 2.81 e2df789c4800
Short description of error
Adjusting the camera's Shift X/Y values gives unexpected off-screen culling results and high memory use.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
note: a separate camera (Camera.001) is used to control the dicing as it better shows the issue, but the same applies with a single camera setup.
- Open adaptive_displacement_camera_shift.blend
- Render and note that the dicing is centred on the plane as expected
- If Camera.001 is moved along X direction, the culling position changes as expected
- But if the Camera.001 Shift X value is set to 0.800 - instead of the subdivided area shifting to the right, it expands out along the X axis. Ram usage is also high.
- Camera.001 in original position (peak memory: 69.19M):
- Camera.001 moved along X axis to 4m units (peak memory: 36.03M):
- Camera.001 in original position but camera Shift X value set to 0.800 (peak memory: 137.00M):
Expected result for 3. would be for similar culling and memory usage as 2.
So it isn't currently possible to split a large render into smaller sections as a way to reduce RAM/VRAM usage, then stitch externally.