Hi, I see that @Brendon Murphy (meta-androcto) updated the sun_position add-on in rBAC7b0831a77528. I have been working on updating it as well for a while, and although the map feature is still missing, the rest of the add-on is done, and is much better integrated into Blender’s UI/UX.
Here is a list of some changes:
- Move preferences to user preferences
- Convert UI to flow, remove two-column mode
- Remove activation operator. The add-on is now always on
- Update is done with prop update functions and a handler instead
- Disabling options in preferences now have an effect on the scene
- HDR selection is now an simpler operator. Click in 3D view to select sun position
- Presets are now actual Blender presets, so the user can add their own
- Object groups for analemma visualisation is now a collection
- Cleanup and refactor
- Remove some manager classes and operators
- Style (some pep8, snake_case, variable names)
I rebased upon rBAC7b0831a77528, so the patch should apply cleanly. I won’t push this straight away as it’s not a small change.