Tested operating system:
- Ubuntu 16.04.6, GNU/Linux 4.4.0-161-generic x86_64
- macOS 10.14.6 Darwin 18.7.0
Tested graphics card and CPU:
- NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti, AMD Radeon RX580
- Any CPU
Broken: 2.79b and 2.80 downloaded from the Blender website.
Short description of error
Quit the Blender will produce exit code -6 with message Attempt to free NULL pointer.
This is the file which cause the error.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open Blender in terminal (for logging purpose).
- Load this file.
- Open the the Image Viewer (which list all the images in the file) or just render the file (the render is normal).
- This line of log appear in the terminal: IMB_ibImageFromMemory: NULL pointer.
- Quit the blender, the program quits with exit code -6 with this line of log (in terminal): Attempt to free NULL pointer.
If you render the file above on headless mode, no image is saved to the directory. This will make the flamenco render job failed if you are using Blender Cloud.
The bug may come the library called BGERTPS which is made for Blender Game Engine. [This function] (https://github.com/martijnberger/blender/blob/master/source/blender/imbuf/intern/readimage.c#L104) produce the error above.