Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce RTX 2060/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 436.30
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 12), branch: master, commit date: 2019-10-01 19:51, hash: rB3b23685c7dc1
Worked: Don't know
Short description of error
Entering Sculpt Mode can mess up particle settings without warning. See the attached gif.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
In the attached blend file, notice hair in the "x" pattern on the cube. Switch to Sculpt Mode, then back to the Particle Edit mode. Notice the hair pattern has changed.
To reproduce the issue from scratch, follow these steps:
- Modify a mesh using sculpting tools with Dyntopo enabled.
- Make sure the mesh has no vertex data that would cause Dyntopo to turn off when you switch away from and back to sculpting mode.
- Make sure Dyntopo is on and switch away from sculpting mode.
- Add a hair particle system to the mesh. Use the particle editor to add a recognizable shape to the hair.
- Switch to sculpting mode.
- Switch back to the particle editor and see the shape of the hair.