Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 436.30
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 14), branch: master, commit date: 2019-10-05 20:51, hash: rB4707f1982ddb
Worked: probably a week or two ago, before the "it remembers stuff" feature was implemented.
Short description of error
The new File Browser remembers various things, like its layout and filter settings, between invocations. After saving the current blend file, the file browser in the "Video Editing" workspace is set up for showing only blend files.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open Blender in factory default settings.
- Set user preference Interface → Temporary Windows → File Browser to Full Screen.
- Save the blend file to a directory that contains video files, say $DIR.
- Add the "Video Editing" workspace from the "Video Editing" category.
- Look at the file browser in the top left of the screen; it is showing $DIR (which IMO is good), but it doesn't show any of the video files (which is bad for a video editing workspace).
- Look at the file browser's filter settings; it's set up to only show blend files.