Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 431.86
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 15), branch: master, commit date: 2019-10-16 19:56, hash: rB812b30daf582
Short description of error
Yes, under Edit>Lock Object Modes is set to false/not checked
The 3D Viewport pop-over Viewport Display contains an option within Armature Pose Mode called "Fade Geometry." I cannot figure what the supposed expected behavior is aiming for. I'm so unclear (and judging by forums, google searches, I'm not alone in this), that I can't tell if it is bugged or not. When I set the Fade Geometry bool to false, I can select bones in weight paint mode if I also turn on x-ray mode from the shading pop-over - this is expected behavior to me.
However, if I turn the Fade Geometry bool to true, I then cannot select geometry from pose mode to weight paint? What? Is this supposed to work this way? I have no idea.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
[Please describe the exact steps needed to reproduce the issue]
[Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible)]
- Test vertex weight painting with Fade Geometry set to true. -In order to get it working under the true condition, the user must select the geometry and go into weight paint mode.
- Then select the armature from the Outliner and go to pose mode - this will of course deselect the geometry
- Then go back to the Outliner to reselect the geometry which will be in pose
- Now weight painting is possible.
- Test vertex weight painting with Fade Geometry set to false.
- Select Armature, go to pose mode
- Select mesh, go to weight paint mode
- Select bones to with right click as expected, left click top paint weights.
- This is expected behavior to me
I dunno, I what is the expected behavior here? Makes no sense - would be very hard for new users to figure this out.