Create a new polyline tool for GPencil. This is to replace functionality removed in a general tidy up of GPcode.
This guys is doing some pretty amazing work.
It's worthwhile taking a look at his playlist and seeing what tools could be integrated.
We also need a way to control line thickness something to similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YtLrMOoai
- The that we achieve this at the moment is that we use the thickness tool crush the line down to 0 first
- then we scale the thickness of the line
It shouldn't be too hard to string those activities together. I'll make a clip to demonstrate the workflow at the moment to gain more control over the line.
Here is a link to how to get around line weight.
Circle tool could also be used this way: https://youtu.be/oYgDHxBp_z4?t=306
Introducing the addon as a patch.
It is a python Addon and is about 8000 lines.
I am wondering if there is a way that we can help this guy out.
Bellow is the email:
Hello Mr Earle
I appreciate your taking the time to have a look at the videos and sharing your feedback with the Blender team.
Before I submit the add-on as a patch, I would like to do a few things:
- refactor the code into separate reusable modules (like Snapper etc.). Currently the add-on is just a big monolithic py file, which would be really cumbersome to maintain for others and also it is not very reusable. The refactoring might take some time since the code has grown to ~ 8000 lines by now
- add some important functionality (like boolean if possible) and make the tools a bit more complete, because after submitting it, the add-on will have to follow Blender release cycles
- do some more testing and allow tool users to test it out for some more time so that at least the obvious defects are detected and fixed before the code lands in Blender repository
BTW there is an implementation of polygon tool (both as Grease Pencil strokes and Bezier curves) in the toolkit.
You might want to see these videos: https://youtu.be/q-rokc3oOv0 and for circle / ellipse: https://youtu.be/t7eVWP8gxeE
Do keep sharing your valuable feedback.
I am a bit tied up today for the chat. But I have a chat account on blender.chat (id: --------------).
So we can meet there whenever it's convenient for you. Just leave me a message if I am not online.
Thanks and best regards
I don't think this task is the place to discuss about the addon or new features.
In case you want discuss about this in phabricator, please create a design task with the right Header description.