Operating system: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 64 Bits
Graphics card: Quadro P4000/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 377.83
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 1), branch: master, commit date: 2019-10-20 15:58, hash: rB7242d79072e1
Short description of error
Ambient Occlusion ( Node Editor > Shift+A > Input > Ambient Occlusion ) was making black artifact when moving objects too far in 3d space.
It is fine when object location not too far from 0,0,0 on the grid.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
01. Create Monkey, move her far away like 180 m on X axis ( you can use whatever object you want )
02. Give her a subdivision surface modifier ( optional )
03. Give new material
04. Add Ambient Occlusion ( Node Editor > Shift+A > Input > Ambient Occlusion )
05. Connect to emission to surface ( material output , see image attached )
06. Activate Rendered Viewport mode.
[Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible)]