Operating system: Linux-4.13.10-041310-generic-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 390.67
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 15), branch: master, commit date: 2019-10-24 19:00, hash: rB892c3891ed0b
Short description of error
In the attached blend, I have a few objects and materials. In the script in the text editor I'm batch renaming the materials.
Whenever I call this script and the 3d view is in lookdev or eevee rendered shading, I'm seeing blender freezing for a few seconds, AFTER the renaming concluded.
I'm not chaning any material parameters. There's is no indication that the shaders are recompiling. It's just the material names that changed.
I am using bump nodes in some of the materials, so it may be again related to this previous issue I've submitted recently.
Removing all node groups using the bump node, leads to no more freezing.
Renaming node trees in a similar fashion, will also cause the freeze however, even if only node tree's that don't contain a bump node are renamed.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- open the blend file in 2.81
- in with eevee shading, run the script, notice how the terminal says renaming is finished
- immedately try rotatiing he viewport, notice how Blender is unresponsive for a few seconds
- repeat in solid or rendered cyclices shading
- notice how there's no freeze