Operating system: Windows 10
Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 2080 (tested by others with different cards)
Broken: tested in 2.79 and latest 2.8
Short description of error
Bevel producing asymmetrical output from symmetrical input .
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Apologies if the following steps are not descriptive enough, I hope the attached blend file and image will clear up any ambiguity.
- Create a loop cut on default cube along x axis.
2.Create a loop cut on either side of first loop cut parallel to x axis.
3.Create loop cut along y axis with a factor of .5
- extrude top 4 faces and 2 faces on sides (all facing out along the x axis)
- extrude top 4 faces again.
- select inner edges from the first extrude, and bevel.
- The bevel will be lopsided despite both sides being perfectly symmetrical.
This is more pronounced when middle loop cut is removed, but present in both cases.
I hope this description and blend file is sufficient to describe the problem. It has been tested and observed in 2.79 to the latest version.