Name: Scene Inspection (or assisted VR).
Commissioner: @Sebastian Koenig (sebastian_k)
Project leader: @Julian Eisel (Severin)
Project members: @Simeon Conzendorf (noemis)
Big picture: Initial virtual reality support for users and foundation for advanced use cases.
- Artists working for VR games.
- "Samsung GearVR" / "Google Cardboard" movie making / app development.
- Directors inspecting + set / previz.
- VR experience (minus teleport) to be controlled via non-VR UI.
- User should be able to go on and off VR, without interrupting the work in Blender (so work in blender as usual even if VR is on).
- VR navigation should be possible from "viewport" (i.e., outside VR).
- Anchor from VR to scene should be consistent across VR sessions.
- OpenXR support.
- Integration on ghost level.
- Affected areas: wm_*, 3dview, keymap, ghost.
Time estimate: ??
Note: In-VR view navigation should not get on the way (postponed if needed).