Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.17763 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 430.86
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 1), branch: master, commit date: 2019-11-05 18:12, hash: rB0bee94f920f9
Short description of error
Alembic files does not keep the collection offset data when exporting collection instances. Collection offset data can be found in
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- put a cube in a collection and name the collection "myCollection"
- move the cube x = 10.
- change the collection offset to x = 10, y = 0, z = 10. Settings are found in properties>object>collections
- Create a collection instance of "myCollection"
- Move the collection instance to x = 20
the above steps can be found in attached .blend
- Export alembic
- Import alembic into a new scene.
- The imported alembic data has the wrong position OF THE CUBE that is a child to the collection instance locator.