Bug Priorities and Status
This proposal intents to align bug priorities and status with Blender triaging process.
Bug priorities should be distinct from status. Status should give us a snapshot of where in the bug fix flow this report is. Priorities should reflect the impact an issue has in the work of the users, not our development planning.
The proposed status are:
- Needs triaging (open)
- Needs user information (open)
- Triaged (waiting for classification) (open)
- Confirmed (i.e., classified) (open)
- Fixed (closed)
- Archived (closed)
- Bad Report (closed)
- Duplicated (closed)
The proposed priorities are:
- Undefined - Needs a priority (by triager or module owner).
- Unbreak Now! - Show stoppers.
- High - Most crashes, recent regressions, or bug in a new feature.
- Normal - Regular valid bug, can be postponed to new releases ad eternum.
- Low - Small annoyances or glitches for which there are workarounds. Good tasks for new developers.
- Archived → Won’t Fix
- Invalid → Bad Report
- Resolved → Fixed
- Open → Needs triaging / Triaged (if someone assigned)
- Duplicated → Duplicated
- Unbreak Now! → Unbreak Now!
- Confirmed, High → High
- Confirmed, Medium → Normal
- Confirmed, Low → Low
- Normal → If it is a bug → Normal, if not a bug, ignore.
- Needs information from user → Status: Needs information from user; Priority Undefined.
- Needs triage by developer → Status: Needs triaging; Priority: Undefined.
- Waiting for developers to reproduce → Status: Needs triaging; Priority: Undefined.