Bug Priorities and Status
This proposal intents to align bug priorities and status with Blender triaging process.
Bug priorities should be distinct from status. Status should give us a snapshot of where in the bug fix flow this report is. Priorities should reflect the impact an issue has in the work of the users, not our development planning.
The proposed status are:
- Needs Triage (open)
- Needs Information from User (open)
- Needs Developer to Reproduce (open)
- Confirmed (open)
- Resolved (closed)
- Invalid Report (closed)
- Duplicated (closed)
The proposed priorities are:
- Unbreak Now! - Show stoppers.
- High - Most crashes, recent regressions, or bug in a new feature.
- Normal - Regular valid bug, can be postponed to new releases ad eternum.
- Low - Small annoyances or glitches for which there are workarounds. Good tasks for new developers.