hi, I'm creating this task for 2.82 addons, I'll link in here: T63733.
New addons list:
These addons are up for review and consideration to add to master soon.
- Precision Drawing Tools (PDT) T70238 Well maintained and constructed "CAD" style mesh addon, currently under review by @Campbell Barton (campbellbarton) It's worth noting that mesh_tinycad, currently in release, may be merged into PDT addon and that community consultation during the construction of this addon was significant.
- Amaranth addon T69712 This popular small function set addon by @Pablo Vazquez (pablovazquez) has been a long term addition to nightly builds in the addons contrib section. Brought back to life by @CansecoGPC (CansecoGPC) Amaranth provides many useful small functions for users.
During the 2.4/5/6/7 series we provided the Layer Manager addon to users. This in turn spawned other addons and concepts. One of which is the collection manager. The consultation and design between @Ryan Inch (Imaginer) and @Paul Kotelevets (1D_Inc) has been working towards a robust solution for collections. Addons project would provide the new collections manager as a replacement for the older layer manager.
- Rock Generator maintained by @Vladimir Spivak (cwolf3d) No task for this yet, Rock Generator has been a longstanding contrib addon, very popular and the question is asked or comment made "Why is this not in release?". There's no good reason to keep this in contrib.
- Import Palettes T71549 T71548 by @Antonio Vazquez (antoniov) These addons cover importing color palettes from krita, photoshop/illustrator. I do remember also we had a gimp palette importer at one stage. These seem like useful tools. I think we could however merge them into 1 import palette addon rather than the 2 current entries.
- Sun Position T69936 Now maintained by @Damien Picard (pioverfour) this is another longstanding contrib addon. Sun Position offers geographical positioning of the sun. One test that was recently made was to match the sun position with a photograph. Time, date and location co-ordinates were surprisingly effective in matching the picture.
Mesh tools can absorb mesh_relax addon.
Tinycad may be merged into PDT after discussion with authors.