Operating system: Windows 10
2.81 (sub 16), branch: master, commit date: 2019-11-18 12:53, hash: 115a5bf65a6b, type: Release
Removing (renaming to "", such that they are removed when saving) lots of libraries is very slow.
- Save "Library Cube.blend" and "Library User.blend" in the same folder
- (Make sure to create a new folder, because the script creates lots of "Library Cube.blend" copies!)
- Open "Library User.blend"
- Execute the "LibraryUsage.py" script
- (On my computer "number_of_library_copies = 10" worked)
- (On my computer "number_of_library_copies = 100" took extremely long (I killed the process))
The clear_libraries() function could be executed outside of the loop to get rid of the issue in this example. However, I discovered this issue when I was dealing with a batch processing script where even the clean up at the very end takes forever. The only practically viable solution is to kill the process.