Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
Graphics card: Radeon r9 Fury X
Broken: Release 2.81
Worked: looks like affecting all versions
Short description of error
It seems that with blender I can't reproduce the same project file even if there is no changes in the project. Probably it's related to the date is saved into the file or some additional time-related information, but probably it's not the correct behavior - for example it's quite hard to check that the project have no modifications since the previous save.
Hopefully we could have an additional checkbox that will cut all the time-related information from the blend file during the save process? That will really help with automation and reproducible project files.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open blender with default startup file
- File -> Save as copy to test1.blend
- File -> Save as copy to test2.blend
- md5sum test1.blend test2.blend
- Checksum will show that 2 files are different