Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 430.86
Broken: version: 2.81 (sub 16), branch: master, commit date: 2019-11-20 14:27, hash: rB26bd5ebd42e3. Microsoft Store edition.
Worked: version 2.79. Microsoft Store edition.
Short description of error
Blender application name shown as "BlenderFoundation.Blender" in start menu, app settings, task manager, and other locations of Windows 10.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Uninstall any existing versions of Blender
- Open Microsoft Store app
- Search for "Blender" and open the app page in the Microsoft Store
- Click "Install"
- Open Start menu and verify application title shows "BlenderFoundation.Blender"
- Start Blender, press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC. Verify application name in task manager shows "BlenderFoundation.Blender"
- Open Windows Settings, click Apps, verify entry for blender shows "BlenderFoundation.Blender" with company name of "Blender Foundation"
- In Windows Settings, click Apps, click Default apps, click "Choose default applications by file type", scroll down to ".blend", verify app name in list of options shows "BlenderFoundation.Blender".
It appears as the application title in the Microsoft Store application manifest is incorrect.