Operating system: Linux-5.3.11-1-MANJARO-x86_64-with-arch-Manjaro-Linux 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 435.21
Broken: version: 2.82 (sub 3), branch: master, commit date: 2019-12-02 18:02, hash: rB1e480840a212
Worked: 2.82 (sub 1), branch: master, commit date: 2019-11-17 21:26, hash: 6d9d24e3d459, type: Release
Worked: 2.81 (sub 16), branch: master, commit date: 2019-11-20 14:27, hash: 26bd5ebd42e3, type: Release
Note: 2.82.3 was compiled by me, so hopefully this isn't the issue. I will test with a fresh download from the Blender website later.
Short description of error
Wireframe overlay is still visible after turning it off, after entering and exiting edit mode.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- File > Defaults > Load Factory Settings
- In the top right of the 3D viewport, click the Overlay drop down panel and enable Wireframe
- Press Tab to enter edit mode
- Press Tab to exit edit mode
- In the top right of the 3D viewport, click the Overlay drop down panel and disable Wireframe
- Deselect the object (Alt-a)
After doing this, the wireframe is still visible. Adding a new object or duplicating the cube will (correctly) result in an object without wireframe, while the original cube will still show it.