Operating system: Windows 10 RS6 Pro v1903 July 2019
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 920M
Broken: Blender 2.81.16 (official release), and it was broken a long long time ago since 2.80, nobody reports it.
Short description of error
Start Frame and Offset of an Image Texture Node don't work with Eevee (Material Preview or Rendered), but it works with Cycles.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add an Image Texture Node.
- Open a movie (I'm sorry, I cannot pack the video).
- Change the Frames into 100 or something like that, don't leave it to 1.
- Switch to Material Preview in Eevee.
- Try to change the Start Frame or Offset of the Image Texture Node, now see that it doesn't work.
- Open any music video in your computer.
- It's possible that it appears very black because the beginning of the video is black and it seems impossible to solve it.
- Never forget to change the Frames to 100 or something, then move the Current Frame to check the video animation.